Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Interview with K.T. King!

Always There


                                                                                 Bio

K T King was born in South Wales in 1981. At the age of fourteen she began writing fiction as a hobby. It was only after the birth of her first child that she decided to turn her hobby into something more. K T finished her first novel, Always There, in December 2010. After many months of approaching traditional publishers, she decided to take the option of publishing the novel as an ebook through Smashwords and Amazon Kindle. However, she didn't want to sacrifice the possibilities of Always There being available in paperback. After weeks of searching she came across a company that would print her books on demand, Lulu.com. She signed up with them shortly after publishing her ebook and ordered a paperback copy for herself. The quality of the book was everything she expected and more. K T is currently working on a new Drama novel and hopes to branch out into different genres throughout her writing career. 

                                                  Bio provided by author's site.

It was my pleasure to get the oportunity to interview K.T. She is like a lot of people who seemed to have loved writing since she was old enough to hold a writing utensil. So please give a warm welcome to K.T. and sit back and enjoy the interview!

1. What makes for a good hook in your stories? Where does your inspiration come from?

Plenty of drama and keeping the reader in the dark slightly, so it encourages them to read on. My son is my main inspiration and also my love for writing.

2. Are you an organized writer? Do you do things like take notes and make lists of characters? Or do you free write and work it out as you go?

No. I am definitely not an organised writer. I regularly begin with taking notes and making lists of the characters, then I seem to get caught up in the story and all notes and lists are forgotten. I prefer to free write initially as I feel I get a better flow with the story. I am, however, a little more organised when I edit it.

3. What is your normal writing day like? Do you write when you are inspired or do you have a schedule?
I write as often as I can. I try to stick to a schedule but sometimes life can get in the way. More often than not I write for a few hours staggered throughout the day.

4. Who is your favorite author and how did they inspire you to write?

Jodie Picoult. It amazes me how she begins with a question and writes an entire book based on that one question. I don't think I have ever been inspired by other authors as such, I just love to write.

5. It’s easy to see that you have a passion for writing but is there any part of it you don’t like?

No, I love everything about writing. It is hard work, but it is something I have always wanted to do so it is worth it.

6. Do you make time to read and if you do what are you reading right now?

I always make time for reading. I am a great book lover and read whenever I get the chance to. I am currently reading The Serpent in the Glass (The Tale of Thomas Farrell) by D.M. Andrews.

7. How did you get into writing in this style of tragic love story? Is there personal life experience in the writing?

The idea came to me one day, quite unexpectedly, and I had a strong urge to write the book. I had initially focused on the genre of romance but it turned out quite differently in the end. There is no personal life experience in the writing, but my personal circumstances at the time helped motivate me to write it.

8. Your books have been published with Amazon.com, Does this mean you see the publishing industry headed this way?

I don't think traditional publishing will ever disappear completely. I do think they have to consider taking more risks with first time authors though. Ebook publishing has given any writer the opportunity to fulfil their dreams and a lot of authors, who are successful, will be forever grateful for the chance they had to achieve those dreams.

9. Do you have any online sites where others can read more of your writings?

Always There is the only book I have out at the moment. I do have a blog and a website which contains more information about my work.


10. Do you have any more stories in the works? What kinds of stories do you plan to write next?

My next book is also a Drama and I am hoping to release it in March. I have plans for writing more books and writing in different genres.

11. Who would be your first choice to play Kelly and Jake from your book "Always There"?

I wouldn't want anyone famous to play them. I would rather new, fresh talent to have the opportunity.

12. If you could meet anyone from any time who would it be and what would be your first question?
I had to have a really good think about this question. I came to the conclusion it would have to be J.R.R Tolkien and the question would have to be, "Wow! What a story. How did you do it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for stopping by and visitng our page!