Thursday, January 26, 2012

Our interview with Kimberly Grell!

 Celebrate Life With The Simple Things: A Poetry Collection I




Bio

My name is Kimberly Grell and I have a great passion for writing. Writing has always been that thing that I could rely on to get whatever emotion out and onto paper. Through my writing and through the years, I have grown and have come to know myself on an intellectual level. Ever since I was young, writing has been the one thing that helped me to see myself in a whole new way. Life has thrown some obstacles in my way, but I pushed forward and took those experiences to guide me in an adventure that would deepen my writing. I have won awards and medals for my writing while in school and finally was able to chase my dream of being an Author.

Bio provided by Author
 
It was my great pleasure to interview Kimberly. She has published two books that are currently available on Amaon.com. So sit back and get comfortable as we give a warm welcome to Kimberly Grell!
 

1. What makes for a good hook in your stories? Where does your inspiration come from?

What makes for a good hook in my book(s) is the deep level of the thought process. I make sure to write in ways that it is not overly complicated, but also stimulates the imagination in my readers. My inspiration comes from my 5 human senses. It's whatever sense is heightened at the moment, then my mind begins to create a meaning/reason behind the object, word, sound, or taste, etc.
2. Are you an organized writer? Do you do things like take notes and make lists of characters? Or do you free write and work it out as you go?

I would like to consider my self as an organized free writer. I take mental notes and then piece everything as I go. If something needs tweaking, I will tweak afterwards.
3. What is your normal writing day like? Do you write when you are inspired or do you have a schedule?

My normal writing day is when I am inspired by something. It can happen at random times, but almost always I will be inspired by something on a daily basis.
4. Who is your favorite author and how did they inspire you to write?

I don't have a particular author in mind to be my favorite, but all the poetry authors in general inspire me to create pieces of literature that are sure to stimulate the mind and help it to grow on an intellectual level.
5. It’s easy to see that you have a passion for writing but is there any part of it you don’t like?

I thoroughly enjoy writing. It takes me to places I've never been, places to escape for just a moment and come back completely refreshed.
6. Do you make time to read and if you do what are you reading right now?

I am currently working on another book that is consuming my free time to read. Once my schedule is a little more open, I will settle down with a good book.
7. What inspired you to write from an inspirational point of view? Is there personal life experience in the writing?

I'd like to think that the life experiences have helped me along in getting to know myself and what makes my creativity "tick". Through my writing, I am able to have emotions surface on a level where anyone can relate to.
8. Your books have been published with Amazon.com, Does this mean you see the publishing industry headed this way?

I think it's a great idea to have self-publishing, but also a bad idea in the same sense. It means anyone can self publish their work, good or bad writing, for all to see. But it also means that people who have their work published on a greater scale, have the advantage of destroying those who have talent that have self-published. The only thing you can do is keep your head held high and continue to do what you do the best.
9. Do you have any online sites where others can read more of your writings?

No, but I am currently working on deals to have certain sites link my book(s) for their visitors to buy.
10. Do you have any more stories in the works? What kinds of stories do you plan to write next?

I am currently working on a poetry book that should be debuting in May, June, July, or August the very latest.
11. Who would be your first choice to play a main character in one of your stories from your book "Short Stories for the Soul."?

Hmmm. That's pretty tough. I think Sandra Bullock would be a perfect choice. She has the acting ability to get any point across to her followers.
12. If you could meet anyone from any time who would it be and what would be your first question?

If I could meet anyone from any time, I think that would have to be William Shakespeare. I connected with his work on a deep level when I was younger and going to libraries on a daily basis. The question I would ask him would be, "Do you see writing evolving or staying the same in the future?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for stopping by and visitng our page!