Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Trying

 I have been trying to follow in the foot steps, so to speak, of another who has made herself known in the publishing world. Her name is Amanda Hocking. Of course I don't live in New York or some other big city but I can scale it down and do the best I can for the mid west. I don't have the funding to pay for advertising so I do what I can with what I have. I guess you could say this is a scaled down version of Amanda Hocking's story. I hope it turns out as well for us as it did for her. I have been posting to blogs and tweeting and put a video on you tube. Anything I can think of that only requires my time. So far, we haven't gotten much out of it except bugging the heck out of people. lol. I have been going around to my local stores and consignment shops to see if they would like to sell the books too or put up a flyer. I don't know what else to do. I would love to spend a day in Des Moines or Cedar Rapids or all the big Cities in Iowa just going from place to place trying to get word out about us. But since I don't know those places well, AND the weather is kinda crappy at the moment It will have to wait for nicer days. I may have to have someone take us around to the local spots in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids or Iowa City to just help get it out there. Also so people can put a face to the book. Preferably Charlie's face to mine.. lol jk. I just would like to see it happen faster I guess. We have been working on this for so long and would like to see it come to be something. In other words make a bit of money. I am not asking for a lot just enough that we can continue to do this and I won't have to hang my head in shame due to not having a job. Even though I have worked on this one for over 4 years now. I know I need to get the advertising out there but also need to work on other stories. ugh! its such a pain trying to balance the time and get other things done too! But at least we have the time to do it now. I guess I had better get busy doing the writing again. Take care all and have a great day today, God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for stopping by and visitng our page!