Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Our Interview with Renee Goudeau!

                                   Dangerous Secret









                                                      Bio

I live a quiet life in a small town in SW Louisiana. My goal is to change the sequence of my life from I was born, lived, and died to I was born, lived-- published a successful novel--and still lived.
                                                          Bio provided by author's site

It was our pleasure to interview Renee and get a chance to talk to her and find out how she came to be an author on Kindle Direct Publishing. Renee has written a story that is reminisce of  a time gone by. She has written a story that could even be played out today. Prejudices that never seem to completely go away. I look forward to reading more stories from Renee, so please give a warm welcome to Renee!

1. What makes for a good hook in your stories? Where does your inspiration come from?
I think the hook depends on the story you're telling. An adventure story as opposed to a romance; and the pov. Inspiration? I wrote the same story under different guises for 40 years. Might say I lacked inspiration except for constant changes. But when you're stuck and the answer comes, there're no better feeling.
2.Are you an organized writer? Do you do things like take notes and make lists of characters?Or do you free write and work it out as you go?
I'm totally disorganized except for my research. And I have tons of that. I try to do a timeline and such but never stick to it.
3.What is your normal writing day like? Do you write when you are inspired or do you have a schedule?
I try to write everyday but with one thing and another don't always accomplish it. But it's really better to make it a good work habit.
4.Who is your favorite author and how did they inspire you to write?
 I don't have a favorite. I like everything from Lee Childs to Cervantes--from Ernest Gaines to Arna Bontemps,both Louisiana writers and knowing what they wrote did help me a lot.
5.It’s easy to see that you have a passion for writing but is there any part of it you don’t like? Sure. It can be a real drag and totally depressing when it's not going well. If I'm passionate about it, it's that often I want to throw the computer against the wall.
6.Do you make time to read and if you do what are you reading right now?
I'm only reading marketing advice right now but ordinarily I love to read. Even grocery store handouts!
7.How did you get started on the fantasy writing style you chose? Is there personal life experience in the writing?
Wrong question for DANGEROUS SECRET, but another one that's on the fire is a comic fantasy! Yes, of course there's personal life experience in the writing. I'm not dead--yet--and I absorb things just as everyone else does.
8.Your books have been published with Amazon.com, Does this mean you see the publishing industry headed this way?
 I think, yes. But my real reason for doing it is that I wanted to get my book out while I'm still alive--I'm serious here--and the Big 7 way takes too long--years and years sometimes.
9.Do you have any online sites where others can read more of your writings?
 I did have another book that I took down--chickened out, called The Book Of Creation. And I have a short story that Amazon makes you pose as a book: End of Eden: A short story. But people have felt cheated that it's a short story--I guess they thought as opposed to a long story. I mean it's in the title! But who knows?
10.Do you have any more stories in the works? What kinds of stories do you plan to write next? Yes. I have the "comic fantasy" for lack of another genre right now and I'm thinking of a sequel to DANGEROUS SECRET that involves a lot of research again.
11.Who would be your first choice to play the old woman from your book "End of Eden; A short Story"?
Someone younger than me? Betty White? I'll bet she could do a serious part. Other than that, I'm sorry I don't do movies.
12.If you could meet anyone from any time who would it be and what would be your first question?
Two people: P.T. Barnum and I'd ask what marketing ideas he had since they were so successful. And Jesus--I know another author you interviewed said the same thing--but I've often wondered why if he could write (and the Bible stresses he wrote in the sand) why none of his writing survives when Paul and the Big 4's all have? Maybe he couldn't afford parchment and ink or he traveled around too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for stopping by and visitng our page!