Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Our Interview with Shaina Cilimberg!

Crowded (Deep River High)

Shaina was the first person to ask if they could put their book into our online amazon.com store. Her books are very moving and thought provoking. So sit back and grab your favorite warm beverage and please give a warm welcome to Shaina!

1. What makes for a good hook in your stories? Where does your inspiration come from?
My inspiration comes from life, movies, books, sermons, tv. A good hook captures the readers' attention
2. Are you an organized writer? Do you do things like take notes and make lists of characters? Or do you free write and work it out as you go?
Free write but ask opinions. On authonomy.com I can talk with other writers and we cna give each other advice.
3. What is your normal writing day like? Do you write when you are inspired or do you have a schedule?
Whenever i have time and can concentrate. Some music helps and sometimes it neeeds to be quiet.
4. Who is your favorite author and how did they inspire you to write?
Robert Liparulo and Melody Carlson. Rob is very adventurous and Melody is very deep which I like. I also like Narnia and Beastly. Josh is kind of like Edmund in Narnia and has some things similar with Beastly's Kyle.
5. It’s easy to see that you have a passion for writing but is there any part of it you don’t like?
6. Do you make time to read and if you do what are you reading right now?
RIght now, I am studying for school. I have a lot to read and two tests to take by friday.
7. How did you get into writing for teenagers with a Christian theme to it? Is there personal life experience in the writing?
I just wanna bring people to God and closer to God, espicially teens. I have a lot of compassion for teens. There is a little personal experience. I've never had an abortion and have never sexted. Never had two guys wanna be with me at the same time either.
8. Your books have been published with Amazon.com, Does this mean you see the publishing industry headed this way?
I think they will all be e-books eventually. Without a doubt.
9. Do you have any online sites where others can read more of your writings?
Right now, I am working on the second book and readers can look at it on http://www.authonomy.com/writing-community/profile/me/ . The first in the series, "Crowded" is on there was well, but I prefer you buy that one on Amazon.com.
10. Do you have any more stories in the works? What kinds of stories do you plan to write next?
I am working on a book about a school shooting. It's called "The Show is On" because I had planned other things to go on. SInce what I planned to happen isn't, I probably should change the title.
11. Who would be your first choice to play Cole Martin of your book "Crowded" your Deep River High Series? Leo Howard

12. If you could meet anyone from any time who would it be and what would be your first question?
Rachel Joy Scott. I would love to be friends with her if she were still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for stopping by and visitng our page!