Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Our Interview with Bon Rose!

Image of Bon Rose                                 DYING TO WRITE (Dying To Trilogy #1)


                                                Bio

Born in Iowa, I grew up reading the Nancy Drew Mysteries. As a teen I did a rough draft of a short story but it wasn't until a year ago that I finally took my time to sit down and re-write it, and then had it published as an e-short story called Old Jacob. I now have several short stories and one book with the first 6 stories which is called The "Old Adventures of Hailey and Jared". These stories were written with my grandchildren in mind and are based on some adventures from my childhood. I did write one story for adults "Dying to Write" as once I start a story it's hard to stop and it occurred to me that I could do a story about it. I have sold a few and of course would love to sell a bunch more but the feeling of accomplishment when I finished a story is satisfying enough.

                                                  Bio provided by author's site

It was our pleasure to get an opportunity to interview another person from Iowa. Bon has written several other stories as well. So get comfortable and please give a warm welcome to Bon Rose!

1. What makes for a good hook in your stories? Where does your inspiration come from?
Most of my stories come from my childhood memories and experiences. They are spooky enough to keep children's interest but not scary enough to keep them up at night LOL
2. Are you an organized writer? Do you do things like take notes and make lists of characters? Or do you free write and work it out as you go?
I guess you could say free write. I normally have the same main characters. I first think of a subject that could have something spooky about it and then go from there.
3. What is your normal writing day like? Do you write when you are inspired or do you have a schedule?
When I'm inspired, which could be everyday or once every two months.
4. Who is your favorite author and how did they inspire you to write?
Since I like mysteries and horror I guess Stephen King, as I've read most of his books. He didn't inspire me but when I was a kid I loved the Nancy Drew mysteries and wanted to write because of those so I guess Carolyn Keene is the actual author that inspired me to write.
5. It’s easy to see that you have a passion for writing but is there any part of it you don’t like?
Sometimes it seems like once I start, then I can't stop until it's done so things fall to the wayside. This actually gave me the idea for my short story "Dying To Write"
6. Do you make time to read and if you do what are you reading right now?
I love to read and right now have several authors' works from Amazon that I have been reading. Right at this time I'm reading the Bible. It's actually a very interesting book!
7. How did you get started in writing in suspensful thrillers? Is there personal life experience in the writing?
Yes definitely personal life experience from my childhood. The Old School, is from when a friend and I rode out bike to explore an old and vacant school in the small town I lived in. Old Injun Joe is from my Great Aunt and Uncle's farm. Old Jacob from a small town I lived in that had coal mines. I have as of now, 11 short stories that are either from life experiences or personal interest in what I think is fun and spooky.
8. Your books have been published with Amazon.com, Does this mean you see the publishing industry headed this way?
 I do think the publishing is headed towards reading books this way but I mainly did it as it was the only way I could afford to get my writing out for readers to have access.
9. Do you have any online sites where others can read more of your writings?
I do have them listed on Barnes and Noble.
10. Do you have any more stories in the works? What kinds of stories do you plan to write next?
I just published my newest in the Old Adventures of Hailey and Jared series called The Old Barn, Series #10. I am thinking of sequels to my one adult short story Dying to Write. Something like a "Dying To..." series such as Dying to Travel, Dying to Eat etc.
11. Who would be your first choice to play Ryan from your book "Dying to Write"?
Jack Nicholsen
12. If you could meet anyone from any time who would it be and what would be your first question?
WOW, let's see.... The wife of King Tut - How did he die? I'm sure as I sleep tonight a ton of other people and questions will haunt me but this is one mystery I'd like to see solved.

1 comment:

  1. I have a free short story today and tomorrow 4/13 & 4/14. http://www.amazon.com/CLOCK-Adventures-Hailey-Series-ebook/dp/B005FRFQWK

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by and visitng our page!