Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Regrets

I had questions for an interview and was supposed to pick 3 that "touched" me. Well that was pretty hard because they all did. I could have answered them all. The thing I noticed it seemed to evoke emotions of regret. Like, if you could give advice to your seven year old self, or if you could talk to a past boyfriend/girlfriend what would you say? All I could think of is when I was younger and things that I had let pass me by. Times I hadn't taken a chance or even tried. I guess that is what has shaped me to be who I am now. I don't let opportunities pass me by any more. I help out where I can. I let someone know I love them or appreciate them when I get the opportunity or just because. The questions dredged up memories of the past. Memories for the most part, I like to keep buried. I am not that person any more and haven't been for many years. I take chances, I jump in even if I have no idea what exactly I am jumping in to!
I tell people don't let an opportunity pass you by, if something is nudging you to take a moment to talk to someone, do it! If your concience is telling you to turn around and see what is there. Do it. If  an opportunity to get published comes before you. Jump on it! I stepped way out of my comfort zone when I signed up to take a course called utility tech. What the heck did a customer service oriented person know about welding, machining, or blue prints? Not a darned thing! But I took it anyway and I am glad I did! I learned things and met people I would never have gotten to meet otherwise! I have applied for a job as a welder at a company not far from where I live. They are willing to train you. I am hoping against all hope that they will. I did though and now its up to them to either hire me or not. I found I like welding, I like everything about it. Is it hard? yeah, but to me, its fun also.
I have many regrets in my life, the last one that I had was a friend that I didn't take the time to talk to a bit more when my concience told me to. Just see how he was doing. But no, I was in a hurry and couldn't be bothered. A few days later I found out he had killed himself. I know that I probably couldn't have stopped it anyway. But there in the back of my mind, I think, would it have changed anything if I hadn't been in such a hurry? What if I had spent a few minutes more talking to him, letting him know he is worth it. Since then I don't let opportunities pass me by. I tell people I like them, or care about them. If an opportunity presents itself, I try it. Even if I have no idea what I am doing. yeah, already said that. lol, This whole adventure of publishing and marketing the book has been one giant adventure into the unknown!. I have no idea what I am doing most of the time but I keep plugging away.
I guess I want to let others know, don't life a life full of regrets, when you get to the end of your road, do you want to have a life full of "what if's?" Take a chance! Yes I am sure there will be times that it doesn't work out. You will never know though until you try! So get your deriere out there and publish that book! quit delaying it! get out there and let others in your life know you love them! Let others know you care! Talk to that guy/girl who smiles at you everytime you see him/her. In a nice way, not a stalker way! lol. Get out there and LIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for stopping by and visitng our page!