Friday, November 30, 2012

Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:

The Desolate Garden

What is the working title of your book?
The Desolate Garden

Where did the idea come from for the book?
Where I would, if I had the chance, spend more time; in bed.

What genre does your book fall under?
No one genre. It is a murder mystery, a spy thriller, a historical tale and a romantic novel. Set in contemporary times but with its roots firmly planted in the past.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I have been asked this question many times as I have been paid for the option to turn my story into a film. Nichole Kidman could be Judith Meadows and Brad Pitt ‘could’ be me, I mean Lord Harry Paterson.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
It is an explosive read with deft touches of comedy with a gentle inference to sex and romance.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It was self-published but now I have a traditional deal with my publisher.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
About six months.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
It has been likened, by both the film producer and reviewers to The 39 Steps and The Constant Gardener.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
I have always been fascinated by espionage, with the double life that entails, and the romantic connections between a woman and man that can occur when you least expect it to.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
My writing has been compared by Waterstones, the largest book retailer in the UK as being akin to Graham Greene. He was notable for his ability to combine serious literary acclaim with widespread popularity. His works of The Third Man, Our Man in Havana and The End of The Affair are considered classics in English literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for stopping by and visitng our page!